What does 2016 Xtrainer come with ?

I may be purchasing one of these bikes and just want to know what it comes with. I think it comes with the following:

1. On-road pipe (black), chain and sprocket.
  2. Off-road pipe (silver), O ring chain and sprocket.
  3. Horn installed with switch and working.
  4. Turn signals installed but actual lights come in a flasher kit that can be installed.
  5. Headlight and tail light
  6. Manual
  7. Air box cover
  8. Tool box
  9. Plastic skid plate (black)
  10. Plastic frame guard (black)

Did i get everything or incorrectly state something it does not come with ?
It should come with 100 batteries for the computer as I have read on here that they last 2 weeks only ): (Any fix for this issue yet ?)

Thanks

mine did not come with black frame guards.

Air box cover?

Tool pouch with useless tools.

No turn signals or flasher, wired for them though.

what country are you from?

Hey!  The combination spark plug/axle nut wrench isn't useless!  I thought it was kind of cool.  Rest of the kit is pretty "utilitarian."  As in you willl end up putting your own kit together anyway. 

Headlight is running light (on all the time when engine's running) plus hi/lo beam when switched on.

Radiator has single fan and plastic air flow louvers, but no additional rad protection.

Poly skid plate is ok, and may be fine for trail riding if you live where there are no rocks.

I think the "frame protectors" you mention are the poly scuff protectors on the exterior vertical frame (I think) and subframe members.

The manual is loose-bound paper and is really very good, I think.  There are a few awkward translations but nothing baffling (think Chinese scooter owners manual for an example of baffling translations).

The expansion chamber does not have any protective guard, which is needed.  The silencer part of the exhaust does not have a spark arrestor.

There are no handguards, which doesn't really matter because everyone has their own preference in brand and style which they put on themselves anyway.  Most "handguards" that come installed are really only wind deflectors and provide no real protection for hands or bike.

Edited by wsjones

Thought of more:

Comes with a very nice kickstand that is very positive in engagement.  Except for the pointy end that invariably pokes into the ground and causes swearing, unless you happen to park your dirtbike on pavement.   There are solutions available, and they may have changed design for 2017's.

I fitted mine with Emperor Racing guards based on recommendations from several XT owners in this forum. They mount to handlebar mounts like Cycra Probends, and are very nicely made.  Fitment was good.  ER is an Ontario CA company, so I had to order directly. You can probably find a local retailer. 

Edited by wsjones

Mine only came with the non-o-ring chain, and 15/45 sprockets, as well as the signals, and flasher relay, and a mirror.

No black pipe.

Not sure why you would even care about that silly homologation pipe though, it's for emissions and noise regulations.

On 4/6/2017 at 0:13 PM, PeterboroughPete said:

I may be purchasing one of these bikes and just want to know what it comes with. I think it comes with the following:

1. On-road pipe (black), chain and sprocket.
  2. Off-road pipe (silver), O ring chain and sprocket.
  3. Horn installed with switch and working.
  4. Turn signals installed but actual lights come in a flasher kit that can be installed.
  5. Headlight and tail light
  6. Manual
  7. Air box cover
  8. Tool box
  9. Plastic skid plate (black)
  10. Plastic frame guard (black)

Did i get everything or incorrectly state something it does not come with ?
It should come with 100 batteries for the computer as I have read on here that they last 2 weeks only ): (Any fix for this issue yet ?)

Thanks

To me they come with more than all the other dirt bikes.. except for a kick starter. I'd buy that first off.. 4 hundred bucks.. That's ordered with the bike first off for me.. if I got an xtrainer...and hand guards and that's it to start.... later I might compare and search for various guards..radiator guards.. maybe a topar disc guard.. or a bullet proof engineering rear disc guard.. maybe one of those combo skid and pipe guards from force or where ever..kickstand is fine.. I've never changed any on my 3 Betas.. I think people are looking for things to do to these bikes..There isn't much...guards put gas and ride.

..but what bike comes with a 6 speed 300 with a fan and very low seat height.. no bike.. other than the xtrainer..   Oh and as far as the computer? I don't know.. I yanked mine as soon as I got it on my 300rr.. it's in a bin somewhere... That is a cool bike.. I'd get one if I wasn't already swamped with a ton of bikes already.. Congratulations!!!

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1