450cc or a 250 4 stroke?

So for my 16th birthday instead of getting me a car for my birthday because of how long it takes to get a full license, I was told that instead I could get a rather new dirt bike. I have been riding since I was 9 years old and started off in the back of my yard. I now own a 125cc two stroke that I am fairly in love with.. However I really really need a bigger bike, I am a very big kid standing at 6'3'' and 270 pounds (No i'm not fat i'm a football player when i'm not riding so i'm just big. Also I feel very bad for the bike) Anyway, I can't decide whether I should get a 250 4 stroke or a 450. I am told that the 250 is a very large increase in power and i don't doubt it is, but I feel that I may be too big for one and the 450 would have that extra bit of power a big guy like me would need. During the summer I am either playing football or at the track and riding. I've been going to the track now for 3 maybe 4 years and would say I have a decent amount of experience. Please tell me what you think... Also I'm personally a fan of honda... But who has the best variants of those bikes?

Edited by Liam5021

I'd recommend a KX450F or CRF450R. I'm fairly big myself but ride a 250 smoker. If you're looking for a bike for trails and that's light with still some power for your size go with a 250 smoker, if you're just strictly track that I'd recommend a 450F. Since you have been on a 125 for some time, the 450 will be a huge jump. I'd recommend testing a used bike somehow to compare overall size and then power. 250's have a ton of power and are more than enough if you know how to ride. It's all personal preference really. I'm sure other people will be able to give you better or more advice but that's just my input. Happy riding!

1 hour ago, Amd241997 said:

I'd recommend a KX450F or CRF450R. I'm fairly big myself but ride a 250 smoker. If you're looking for a bike for trails and that's light with still some power for your size go with a 250 smoker, if you're just strictly track that I'd recommend a 450F. Since you have been on a 125 for some time, the 450 will be a huge jump. I'd recommend testing a used bike somehow to compare overall size and then power. 250's have a ton of power and are more than enough if you know how to ride. It's all personal preference really. I'm sure other people will be able to give you better or more advice but that's just my input. Happy riding!

I probably should of made it a little more clear but I  meant a 250f, like I said i love my two banger but I just feel i'm a little too big for even a 250.. A 500 though.... That would be fun.. XD Thanks for the info.. At the moment i'm definitely leaning more towards the 450.. The 450 I feel would just be too hard to "Play" With at a farm i like to go too with some buds that only have trail riding atvs or utvs. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

I probably should of made it a little more clear but I  meant a 250f, like I said i love my two banger but I just feel i'm a little too big for even a 250.. A 500 though.... That would be fun.. XD Thanks for the info.. At the moment i'm definitely leaning more towards the 450.. The 450 I feel would just be too hard to "Play" With at a farm i like to go too with some buds that only have trail riding atvs or utvs. Thanks for the info!

If your looking for trail riding bikes go with a 250 or 300 twosmoker if not then a 450f. Power wise a 450 has way more torque and sometimes too much of your stepping off a small bike. Size wise a 450 really isn't much bigger than a 250. All personal preference so I would consider finding some bikes you might like, asking the seller to test ride, and pick which suits your preference. Let us know what you eventually pick up and post pics