XR650L Android App

So as some of you may know, I have recently re-purchased my old XR650L, and it got me in the mood to update the android app thats on the google play store and the amazon app store! I also decided to just make the app free and added some content and features. I'm interested in any feedback you guys have, I'd like this to be a nice valuable resource for anyone just doing standard maintenance on their bike. This new version is a lot easier to update compared to the old one! ill also be updating the klr app and making more of these apps for these old thumpers, so any comments you guys have will likely make it into those apps as well. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.brandon.xrl

Edited by officialhopsof

I think you've gone a bit too far - or maybe I'm just old.

The only place I'm likely to be able to torque a bolt on my bike is in my garage, and I already have pages of paper with all of the values on it.  I don't see putting it onto my phone as an improvement.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ScottRNelson said:

I think you've gone a bit too far - or maybe I'm just old.

The only place I'm likely to be able to torque a bolt on my bike is in my garage, and I already have pages of paper with all of the values on it.  I don't see putting it onto my phone as an improvement.

A fair point, and its certainly not for everyone. I mostly first made it for myself,  so I didn't have to look through the manual for torques that I was using every other month, and I always have my phone on me.

1 hour ago, officialhopsof said:

A fair point, and its certainly not for everyone. I mostly first made it for myself,  so I didn't have to look through the manual for torques that I was using every other month, and I always have my phone on me.

It was nice of you to share it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Very little useful information.   Your parts and equipment recommendations are questionable.

I can'''''''''t imagine any experienced wrenchers using torque wrenches on all these fastner's, cylinder head bolts yes.oil drain bolts no

• Like 1

On 4/9/2017 at 2:02 PM, JoeRC51 said:

Very little useful information.   Your parts and equipment recommendations are questionable.

im open to suggestions

On 4/12/2017 at 9:32 AM, JimmyRose said:

Exploded diagrams with part call-outs would be very useful!

Hmm I like the idea, but that is getting into service manual territory. One thing I wanted to avoid was having too much information. Just the basic stuff.