f1 warning indicator light blinking when starting

I recently installed the loud mouth mx kit, twin air filter, twin air power filter oil, and prefilter.  even before this install, my 2017 Kawasaki kx450f f1 warning light would blink when I was kicking it over, then go away when it started.  it would also come on right when I hit the kill switch and shut off with the bike.  I run t4 fuel, no engine mods, just the loud mouth filter kit with no backfire screen.  why is it blinking when being kicked over?   

I saw my bros 2017 blink when starting once after changing out air filter, then once it started it went away.  I called the dealer, and they said after changing filter if you oil it too much (which i always do) it will read rich conditions when starting because of too much oil, and fumes etc. 

Mine blinked when kicking over, then went away once started.  Also, when i hit the kill switch it lit up real quick and then went off when the engine died.  I took the air filter out completely and kicked it over in the garage, and it still blinked.  I called the same dealer and spoke with a different person, and he said he has never heard of it blinking like that, and said it could be a corroded connector, or a voltage problem. 

So yours does it as well?  Is it just the efi blinking the light letting you know the engine is running?  I am tempted to buy the fi kawi programmer, but $700 is alot of doe.  My bike no longer has a backfire screen, and i am using a flame retardend filter..im at a loss.

I called a few other dealers, after hearing the service guy at local Kawasaki dealer say he has never heard of that, and also hearing one of his guys tell me it could be because of over oiled air filter I was skeptical.  Two other dealers, and Kawasaki corporate office all told me it's normal for it to blink while kicking, letting you know it is working.  

Edited by DefyConvention

My bike does it, my friends brand new 450 does it. When I was at the dealership I just pressed the kickstarter down and it lit up. I think it's normal

The blinking light is normal. On a side note, the loud mouth intake is the worst intake you can buy. Good for clean air, bad for air flow, really bad. I've tried them twice now on two bikes and got rid of them both times, about 5 years ago. Surprised there still around.

Edited by XtremeDuners