2017 Changes

Can anyone answer with certainty that certain parts from 2016 CRF250L will fit 2017 ?

1; FMF Q4 Muffler

2; Racetech front and rear suspension kit.

3; EJK Controller.

Just purchased 2017 L, cant wait to get it dirt worthy, plan to lighten it with prejudice, do the suspension and use pure dirt tires.

Can anyone recommend best/ largest sizes for pure dirt tires, Intermediate compound ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Dirtmax said:

Can anyone recommend best/ largest sizes for pure dirt tires, Intermediate compound ?

XCMH ....  DOT and bad @$$ in the dirt and surprisingly sticky on the street .... :thumbsup: 

1398466700058.jpg

1398466612765.jpg

• Like 1

Am curious myself, just bought a 2017 crf250l and the co2 sensor looks to be attached to the header. So the megabomb would have no sensor so a ejk is a must I guess. And I heard that the current slip on size is diffrent to the older models.

10 hours ago, De Dirty said:

Am curious myself, just bought a 2017 crf250l and the co2 sensor looks to be attached to the header. So the megabomb would have no sensor so a ejk is a must I guess. And I heard that the current slip on size is diffrent to the older models.

Strange that Honda mounted it to the header instead of on the block like the older model design...

...One thing I wonder is since Honda made the 2017 header ID larger would a pre-2017 aftermarket header have any effect...

RaceTech should be able to get suspension working for your bike. I did notice a slight height difference on my bike after the install of the RaceTech suspension, bike seems taller...

1 hour ago, Burgan said:

I did notice a slight height difference on my bike after the install of the RaceTech suspension, bike seems taller...

Much less static sag with Race Tech especially in the front..... If you pay attention to where the forks set in the fork guards and compare to photos of bikes with Race Tech compared to those that are stock you can clearly see the difference .... :thumbsup:  

With all these other minor changes I wonder if the 2017 CRF250L version of the plastics would be a direct swap ... sommon sense says yes but they will have different part numbers as they are all red.

It would be cool to turn mt bike into a 2017 looking CRF250L but put the Rally version front fender on as it looks like that is the only way to get the decal for the front fender ...  :thinking:       

Edited by gnath9

13 hours ago, gnath9 said:

With all these other minor changes I wonder if the 2017 CRF250L version of the plastics would be a direct swap ... sommon sense says yes but they will have different part numbers as they are all red.

It would be cool to turn mt bike into a 2017 looking CRF250L

I'm sure they are the same Gary...I've asked BikerzBits to get me the red side panels and tail when they become available :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 26/04/2017 at 8:17 PM, gnath9 said:

It would be cool to turn mt bike into a 2017 looking CRF250L but put the Rally version front fender on as it looks like that is the only way to get the decal for the front fender ...  :thinking:       

Now up on their web site with part numbers Gary...

CRF250L 2017 Plastics

• Like 1

I quite fancy converting the front to rally spec if my several country tour plans come to fruition in the next couple of years. Looks fit for the job to deflect, at least some of the wind.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if the 2016 and prior slip ons will work?  I bought a Big Gun for a 2014 demo unit I bought then returned, ended up buying a new 2017.  I guess I will find out tonight, need to be careful because I may need to return the slip on though.

The slip on will not fit, headpipe on 2017 is much larger, I had a muffler shop open up pipe on FMF Q4, shortened it 1" and then it fit perfect.

• Like 1

Ahh yes, as I just found out.  Gonna box mine back up and wait for a model year specific one to come out. FMF says by the end of the month.

I won't pay for it, but I wish my 14 had the red plastic, always wanted it to begin with....ole well, I'm still happy with my 80's theme.....

• Like 1

On 4/7/2017 at 5:49 AM, Dirtmax said:

I put on the XCMH that gnath is referring to and although they are a mean tire (like he said great in the dirt and surprisingly good on the road) I would not recommend them. After the first maybe 50 miles they are already showing pretty decent wear. I feel like I'll only get maybe 4-5 good rides out of these before they will need to be replaced.

I'm on the hunt for something similar that won't cost me $300 every few weeks. The Shinko Cheaters look interesting.

6 hours ago, Headbanger02 said:

I won't pay for it, but I wish my 14 had the red plastic, always wanted it to begin with....ole well, I'm still happy with my 80's theme.....

Can I suggest Metzeler Unicross? Wonderful in the dirt, darn good on the street, good price and good wear.

I'll check it out, I am almost due for a rear tire, however I'm strictly street so I have to take that into consideration, issues with my legs keeps me grounded from going off road, I still want a knobby looking tire that is roughly 90% street like the stockers....

• Like 1

Then what I suggested is not right for you...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Headbanger02 said:

I'll check it out, I am almost due for a rear tire, however I'm strictly street so I have to take that into consideration, issues with my legs keeps me grounded from going off road, I still want a knobby looking tire that is roughly 90% street like the stockers....

One of the guys on another forum did a trip to Malaysia on his 250L and stuck a set of Dunlop 604's on...he rated them

D604.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dirtmax said:

Good call, I bet I have the first 2017 with an FMF muffler!

I prefer Big Gun because of the red tip.  I guess I will have to have it powder coated.