Idle screw?

Just wondering where everyone else is set at, seems to me I've got mine turned in way further than I should need to? That said the bike seems to be running really good right now with the exception of the high idle at start "when cold". Only 8.73 mm out from fully seated, does that sound normal?

58d8696388bdb_CarbIdlescrew.thumb.JPG.1ab475e890239d24c364acd548b755b1.JPG

Edited by Wrfrk

There really is no specific setting on this, X turns out from bottomed. It's a plastic screw that wears. I've had carbs from 2-5 turns out, never really more than that. What I do when I rebuild a carb is hold it up to my light, and run the screw in until I see just a glimpse of light under the slide. This usually gives me a little bit of a high idle on start up. Once bike has .4hrs on the heat cycles, and before it leaves the shop, she is set to idle when warm.  

I was wondering this myself.....as I adjusted the idle with the throttle cable OOPS. I will be fixing it, getting the recommended 3-5mm in play in the throttle, and get the idle screw to idle. 

I also turned it WAY in from the dealer on my 2017 YZ250X....and tohught it was too far so i backed it out. I will be setting it up tomorrow. 

Mine's the same way.  Really difficult to fine tune too, like the screw is bent.  A stainless screw is on my list of items to make...