Rebuild wr250 1989

Starting with a project, rebuild a wr250 1989. Starting of by new bushings in swing arm and linkage. Then new seals and oil in front fork. Bottom suspension sounds great!

New sprockets and chain.

New piston, gonna look into the clutch basket because there has been a wobbbly sound.

CheersIMG_0551.JPGIMG_0552.JPGIMG_0731.JPG

• Like 1

I posted on Instagram under #wr250 the first kick start. First start since 9 years

3 hours ago, Mx-Wall said:

New piston add. Quite use the other one, getting ready for new plastic

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1238.PNG

Send that jug out for a re-plate, ask to standard size bore provide a piston (your choice). I have used Langcourt for over 10 jugs and never had a bad one. 

1 hour ago, Gary YZDOC said:

Send that jug out for a re-plate, ask to standard size bore provide a piston (your choice). I have used Langcourt for over 10 jugs and never had a bad one. 

Cylinder looked good. New sealings and now waiting for a non-bucled pipe ?

before you spend much time on the forks you may want to find a set of 46mm from anything newer than 95.  what does the intake side of that piston look like,  btw?

13 minutes ago, ossagp said:

before you spend much time on the forks you may want to find a set of 46mm from anything newer than 95.  what does the intake side of that piston look like,  btw?

I can't change the forks, I'm going to participate in Pre -90 ?. Intake looked fine. No clue why the old piston didn't have nikasil. Do you have a guess?

the top of the cylinder says it has been leaking.  lap it and the head.   pistons don't get "nikasiled" that i know of.   anyway,  if you take the inside oring out I think you will be able to see faint dark gray lines crossing the channel. that is where combustion gases have been transfering a little at a time to the other side,  and that allows some steamy coolant to come back over.   

• Like 1

Hard to believe that the cylinder didn't get damaged from the looks of that piston (but thats good). However, it should be nicasile anyway and stronger than the piston. That could have been the PV dragging a little on it for all I/we know. On another note, You could have sent the pipe out for repair, but it would have been close to 90 bucks round trip, so if you got a good one for that or less you are good. 

Pistons will have ceramic coating, not nicasile. The vertex actually has a teflon coating to ease break in. 

Carry on. 

• Like 1

IMG_1497.JPGIMG_1501.JPG
New seatcover, footpegs, lever.
Getting there. Getting there...

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 5:44 AM, Mx-Wall said:

IMG_1600.JPG

Nice looking bike!!! 

What type of gas tank do you have on there, and how did you get it white?  I also have a 89 wr250 but my tank is that nice shade of puke yellow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dconklin5421 said:

Nice looking bike!!! 

What type of gas tank do you have on there, and how did you get it white?  I also have a 89 wr250 but my tank is that nice shade of puke yellow.

Thx

its fr.o.m. Yz125 1991

I have carved the first layer off with a sharp cuttingblade. Underneath it's white again :)

7 hours ago, Mx-Wall said:

Thx

its fr.o.m. Yz125 1991

I have carved the first layer off with a sharp cuttingblade. Underneath it's white again :)

I tried doing that with my tank but there was just more yellow underneath it

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:40 AM, Mx-Wall said:

IMG_1599.JPG

Very nice. I especially like the Tuning Fork, YAMAHA, and WIDE RATIO graphics. Successful restorations always come down to the details. :worthy: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptDan said:

Very nice. I especially like the Tuning Fork, YAMAHA , and WIDE RATIO graphics. Successful restorations always come down to the details. :worthy: :thumbsup:

Thank you ?