Lightest Weight Achieved 250L

What is the lightest weight you have gotten down to and how did you do it?

That is your bike not you !

1 hour ago, Dirtmax said:

What is the lightest weight you have gotten down to and how did you do it?

That is your bike not you !

Hockeyrick started a thread awhile back and it never really took off. I suppose because it is not that easy to weigh your bike ... maybe this year I will get around to it. My guess is that after removing the rear fender and exhaust I dropped maybe 15-20 lbs but then adding hand gaurds and skid plate and a damper ... My guess is that mine weighs around 310 lbs ... maybe ...   :thinking:   

Put mine on a pair of bathroom scales and added them, 305 with almost a full tank, RT suspension, added zeta armor bars/guards, FMF full exhaust, DRD tail light.  A fancy LiPo battery might get me down to 300 flat if the factory one ever goes up.  Guess a few less burgers and a gym membership might be the best way to drop more weight than that.

• Like 2

The reason I asked is that I just bought a 2017 L model and will start with the following, FMF exhaust, Lightweight battery, usual junk removal, remove entire headlamp/speedo assembly, replace with lightweight headlamp and I will not add any junk. I am doing a full Racetech suspension and dirt tires.

I just love how people respond with what a pig the L is, I KNOW THAT! But its a cheap reliable pig and please don't tell me  I should have bought a Yamaha 250 or a KTM, I already have a KTM 350 SXF that I race I hare scrambles. Here in Canada you cannot plate dirt bikes plus I like Honda so there you go.

I will post my final weight and thoughts on the outcome of the bike ounce I get all the mods done and have beat the crap out of it on the trails.

• Like 1

Weighed bike on scales at feed/seed store. Still about 310lbs. Removed stock exhaust and header for fmf setup. Removed bulky taillight for edge2. Lightweight chain and alloy sprockets. Removed tool box. Loghtweight lithium battery. Several alloy bolts to secure plastic shroud & fender. Removed passenger foot pegs and reflectors

Edited by 2timer

3 hours ago, Dirtmax said:

The reason I asked is that I just bought a 2017 L model and will start with the following, FMF exhaust , Lightweight battery, usual junk removal, remove entire headlamp/speedo assembly, replace with lightweight headlamp and I will not add any junk. I am doing a full Racetech suspension and dirt tires.

I just love how people respond with what a pig the L is, I KNOW THAT! But its a cheap reliable pig and please don't tell me  I should have bought a Yamaha 250 or a KTM, I already have a KTM 350 SXF that I race I hare scrambles. Here in Canada you cannot plate dirt bikes plus I like Honda so there you go.

I will post my final weight and thoughts on the outcome of the bike ounce I get all the mods done and have beat the crap out of it on the trails.

I had a YZ125 back in college, about 200lbs and 30+HP, no speedo, but once you were wound out in the top 2 gears above 60MPH between vibration, headshake, instability, and the knobbies roaring, it felt like you were going to die.  Messing with the EJK a couple days ago I had my L maintaining 82MPH, over the Susquahanna bridge, with 15MPH crosswind, was a little sketchy, but was stable and controllable, slowing down to 65, and it was comfortable and thoroughly enjoyable.  Especially with a couple mods, the L is a much better dirtbike than the YZ was a streetbike.

• Like 1