2017 exc larger tank

Does anyone on here have any pics or info about a 17 ktm500excf with a 3 gallon tank preferably acerbis im curious about the fitment of it

1 hour ago, Burnrider said:

Monk, does the 4.5 gallon tank hold that amount of fuel. Most are volume over rated.

Yes, also because some don't account for the fuel pump...

Thanks Monk- bought the acerbic 4.0 which is actually 3.7. Great for the forestry day riding, still need more  for the dry side.  I just wired up the map switch with the DIY in ADV rider and the bike is 500 fast on the bottom end. Trailtech striker shows the engine gets hot quicker and I'm sure it's going to use more fuel- but it does rip.

Kenny thanks for picture posting on the Acerbis tank as well^_^

Are 350s the same? I've heard that a lot of parts are the same.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:03 PM, KennyMc said:

A friends a Acerbis.
IMG_1491714151.233313.jpg
IMG_1491714163.849784.jpg

2.9 at the gas pump ;)

Do you know how he mounted the fuel line? straight supply fitting or was he able to use a 90 degree fitting? 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:45 PM, Disturbentz said:

IMG_5470.JPG
Fitment is on point.

Were you able to use a 90 degree fuel fitting and if so which one did you get. 

Were you able to use a 90 degree fuel fitting and if so which one did you get. 

I'm not running a 90 fitting. But I have heard of people cutting down the bolt and using the stock fitting. If I buy one I would probably go with BDSB product.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Disturbentz said:

I'm not running a 90 fitting. But I have heard of people cutting down the bolt and using the stock fitting. If I buy one I would probably go with BDSB product.

any issues with the straight fitting hitting anything.  I spoke with the guy about his 90 and he hasn't mounted one to a 2017 acerbis tank before but has a customer he rides with that has. I cant seem to find anyone that has actually used the thing themselves

any issues with the straight fitting hitting anything.  I spoke with the guy about his 90 and he hasn't mounted one to a 2017 acerbis tank before but has a customer he rides with that has. I cant seem to find anyone that has actually used the thing themselves

I haven't had any problems (knock on wood) I've been riding up in Big Bear, CA. It's been some pretty gnarly rocks and ledges and nothing has happened yet.
  • Like 1

https://youtu.be/1CTuCVhWRdw

Check it out at 1:45. He explains it cuts down the stock bolt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrbrp said:

Do you know how he mounted the fuel line? straight supply fitting or was he able to use a 90 degree fitting? 

He got the 90 degree fitting.

Just now, KennyMc said:

He got the 90 degree fitting.

Do you know which fitting he used?  I'm trying to source one to fit with my tank.  The dealer had one ordered and they found out today it doesn't fit.