Race tech Valving for older MX woods conversion

Hey TT!!

I'm in the middle of converting a 06 250 sx for recreational trail riding. I've done the standard engine mods; g2 throttle tamer, fww, green pv spring, exc head and gnarly pipe. Power is very linear with almost no hit but good low down torque. Anyways the suspension sucks donkey balls for my use as expected. My local suspension tuner quoted me $1200 for a custom valving front and back with new seals, bushings etc. Now I can get racetech valves and rebuild kits for $600 and do the work myself. My concern is I won't be happy with the racetech vs. something an expert can whip up for me. Or is there an option C to my dilemma? Is there a custom/published shim stack for these forks that someone could point me to?

Thx

TT is an awesome forum!!

IMG_0351.JPG

I'm not familiar with KTMs but does that SX have a similar XC variant using the same suspension components ?

If so, you could try the XC internal settings; shim stacks, spring rates etc. as a starting point and experiment from there.

That 1200$ CAD quote no doubt includes 400$ or so worth of new (softer) springs.

Edited by mlatour

Ktm talk has loads of shim stacks listed for woods riding

10 hours ago, mog said:

Ktm talk has loads of shim stacks listed for woods riding

Ktm talk won't let me signed up with a yahoo account and won't respond to my request to use a yahoo account. What's up with that? 

• Like 1