250FX and 250F plastics interchangeable?

Hey guys!

I'm going to buy a 2015 YZ250FX relatively soon to replace my 2006 CRF250X. My friend bought a 2014 YZ250F in the white-and-red color scheme, he said he hated it and bought a set of OEM blue plastics. He literally has all the white plastics in a box now. All of them. Fenders, side plates, tank shrouds, airbox cover, the works. He even replaced the seat because it's red and "Hondas are gay." LOL

My question is, are the 250FX and 250F plastics interchangeable? The 250FX only comes in blue sadly and I actually like the white. He said he would sell me the whole lot for $50. So that's why I'm even considering it. Appreciate the answers!

Jack

Just now, Monk said:

Everything except the rear fender is a direct swap... 

Does the rear fender require a lot of extra work? I don't mind drilling holes but I don't want to make it swiss cheese.

Jack

Just now, Sumoguy12 said:

Does the rear fender require a lot of extra work? I don't mind drilling holes but I don't want to make it swiss cheese.

Jack

You'll have to refit all the FX electronics and battery... How professional you want to do it is your choice... 

Just now, Monk said:

You'll have to refit all the FX electronics and battery... How professional you want to do it is your choice... 

Oh, yeah, that just occurred to me. Maybe I can figure something out. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Jack

The "F" rear fender does not have the indentations in it to house the screws that mount the electronics and battery.  Others have cut their stock rear fender and zip tied it on top of the F fender.  Personally I wouldn't go without a "FX" rear fender.    But - you can buy your friend's set for $50 and then buy a white FX rear fender on Rockymtn for $40.  Still way cheaper than buying a whole new set, and then you can keep your original plastic to put on the bike just before you sell it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shredjim said:

The "F" rear fender does not have the indentations in it to house the screws that mount the electronics and battery.  Others have cut their stock rear fender and zip tied it on top of the F fender.  Personally I wouldn't go without a "FX" rear fender.    But - you can buy your friend's set for $50 and then buy a white FX rear fender on Rockymtn for $40.  Still way cheaper than buying a whole new set, and then you can keep your original plastic to put on the bike just before you sell it. 

That's true, or I could buy a can of Yamaha Whitish-Purple moto paint that costs like 10 bucks. Thanks

Jack

I don't think that paint on a rear fender would hold up very well.  If you try it, you mind want to put a Krylon base coat.

I agree that all of the plastics are interchangeable except for the rear fender.

Edited by Max17

1 hour ago, Max17 said:

I think that the 2017 FX fender may be different from the 2015/2016 rear fender but I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe you are thinking too much?   The 2017 FX rear fender is the same as 2015/2016.   I know because I just changed the rear fenders on both model years because I have both.