rebuilding cleaning the engine and rebuilding

Im rebuilding an old 01cr250r and just curious whats something i could use to clean the motor inside and out? Also would it be best to go with a wiseco bottom end or and OEM. thanks

what would you consider the best piston, and clutches at a reasonable price thank you for the help

Clutch is OEM for me, nothing else feels as good or lasts as long. Wiseco and oem pistons have both been good. The Wiseco Pro Lite is a little lighter, single ring and revs faster. I find the OEM is a little better in the woods and provides a more torquey feel.  I am a strong believer in Honda OEM, I just changed my original clutch last year and the crank is original.

• Like 3

Honda crank but or rebuild the crank with a prox or wossner rod. I wouldn't run a wiseco crank or hot rod crank if they were free. Wossner piston is superior but the wiseco piston is good. I like honda plates, rekluse plates are good too as well as hinson. If you are on budget and easy on clutches you could run a tusk. I only run honda seals for the crank, water pump etc.

Regarding cleaning is a parts washer is nice if you have one, gas works, diesel works, brake cleaner. I use laquer thinner but it eats stuff up like paint and rubber.

Be careful putting that jug on to align the power valve linkage correctly or you will bend the fingers and make a real hassel. I have lots of parts for those bikes stashed away if you get in a bind.

• Like 1