Knee Braces & Shredded Pants

Anyone have any pointers on how to prevent my knee braces from chewing holes in the knees of my riding pants? This is getting ridiculous and expensive. I've gotta pile of pants that are in great shape with big holes in the leather on the inside of the knees.

I've tried the MSR Summit Explorer pants - seem to be fairly durable in the leather, but I run into issues with the stretch fabric in the calf areas. My Don Joy braces shred that stuff!

Just bought a pair of Thor Prime Tach pants - leather virtually wraps around the entire lower leg. The upper leg is made of very thin, stretchy material so not sure how long that will last. 

Ideally, I'd like the Fly Kinetic upper pant, with the Thor Prime Tach leather lower. 

If you find something, let me know!

I've wrapped my knee braces in a "sock" to prevent the d-rings from shredding my pants. It only slows the process slightly.

What kind of preventative things have you tried?  Maybe try wrapping your knees with an Ace Bandage to prevent your pants from getting ripped?

Stop holding on with your knees!!! That's over rated; no matter what everyone tells you on this site.
Naw, I saw a guy use a pair of the old 1980's type leg warmers on the outside of his braces. The first time I saw him put them on, I thought "differently" about him but now I know why he does it. Give it a shot. Just make sure to put them on when nobody is looking.

• Like 1

You need something like those in the link. I only had one of them on my braces, and the side that has it is fine while there is a huge hole on the other side where it wasn't fitted. Also make sure you don't dry the leather out when washing.

https://www.ctikneebraces.co.uk/spares-accessories/cti-custom-spares-previous-version/cti-custom-gear-guard-kit-previous-version.html