What to do?

Ok I recently decided on getting out/setting aside another hobby and getting back into dirt bikes. Have a TRX 400EX that I love but want to get into a smaller bike. Basically looking for a small fun bike to ride around our farm no racing no hard riding, jumps etc. We have an old 02 XR50 that hasn't been ridden that terribly much. I'd love to build it up but by the time I upgrade everything to what I want I'm better off buying a pitbike straight up. Gotten recommended to a Thumpstar 125 LEM which is supposed to be pretty solid for the money. Any other suggestions? Heard they have YX motors which I've heard are good but then I look on Google and find not so good but everything is over 5+ years old. Should I go through the process of building up the XR50 or just get a complete pitbike? Not a big guy 6ft 165lbs but the 50 is just way too small to ride comfortably even though it's fun. Would probably do a motorswap and everything in it as well as suspension etc.

You'd spend 2x the money and end up with 1/2 the bike with the 50.  If you are on a budget then I'd consider the 140cc 17/14" Thumpstar for a few $ more.  You'll appreciate the larger engine and wheels.

The more I looked into it I thought the same so I figured that I'd be best off with buying one. Yeah I'm torn between those two right now. Liking the $350 less on the 125 and more compact for storage.