Oversized Tank

What is the best option for a quality oversized tanks that fits with the least amount of mods for a 2013 SM with FCR39 that already has the high clearance choke.

I plan to do the aftermarket petcock at the same time, any issues with fitment of the petcock and oversized tank?

Thanks for the help.

On 4/8/2017 at 1:33 PM, rraiderr said:

What is the best option for a quality oversized tanks that fits with the least amount of mods for a 2013 SM with FCR39 that already has the high clearance choke.

I plan to do the aftermarket petcock at the same time, any issues with fitment of the petcock and oversized tank?

Thanks for the help.

I'm interested as well. I don't need a massive tank, just something slightly larger than the OEM that uses stock shrouds and doesn't require significant modifications to the bike (and doesn't throw off the balance).

-D

I like my Clarke 3.9. I have the stock petcock, and FCR slant with a CRF choke. I think it's from a CRF...

the Clarke 3.9 or or the new Acerbis 3.7 will work just fine with a fcr carb and the crf high clearance choke,radiator guards and stock seat and radiator shrouds.There are scores of threads on this in the archives.And by the way,keep your stock vacuum petcock,there's nothing wrong with them and they can be fully repaired if in the rare occaision it should give you any trouble.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bumtarder said:

the Clarke 3.9 or or the new Acerbis 3.7 will work just fine with a fcr carb and the crf high clearance choke,radiator guards and stock seat and radiator shrouds.There are scores of threads on this in the archives.And by the way,keep your stock vacuum petcock,there's nothing wrong with them and they can be fully repaired if in the rare occaision it should give you any trouble.

I would +1 the Acerbis.....very quality made tank.

• Like 2