1995 XR600R carb upgrade

It's been a while since I've been here , but today ,at a swap meet ,I come across a FCR carb off of a 2005 YZF250 for 50 bucks ,with cables. I bought it and am hoping this is what people use to upgrade their 600s with. If so can someone steer me to the posts that tells what else I need for this mod ? Wasn't there a intake boot or housing off a 650L ?  Thanks 

I used stock manifold, use what you got. Figure out a coupler to fill that blank. Youll see what I mean. I used sched 40 pvc. One foot makes three. If you have the cables for it, awesome. If not your stock cables probably wont do it.
Now you need a 45 pilot and a 155 main. Give or take. I am sea level.
The NCVT needle is so cheap you should have it already! Not needed to run, but needed to run better. I have mine one click down from center. And do the o ring mod. Why not? Makes sense.
Oh you got cables. Ok put the carb in the manifold. The gap between carb and airbox boot, fill with a pvc coupler.IMG_2469.JPG
Look at your plug off a 45 and go richer or leaner from there.

Any kehin pilot jet works.
Leave the hotstart on just take the cable off. If not it needs to be plugged. Theres no motorcycle shop near you? ANY shop would have these jets. I never heard of PKW...that doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Get a 45 kehin pilot jet if youre sea level

• Like 1

The PWK is a flat slide , non-pumper  carb. Same series pilot jet.

Edited by JoeRC51

Yep ,thanks guys .i will leave the little plunger in the hot start and remove cable and plug it. Also ,I got the jets figured out too. Ok I hope last question here. The TPS? Remove ,let hang ?    Thanks again ,can't wait to try this mod. 61 years old and still have a need for speed!!

• Like 1

Ok. The carb works great. Two kicks and fired right up!!  Did you just strap the tops wire and plug up or just let it dangle

• Like 1

I just clipped mine off and used silicon to seal it. Somebody makes a nice plug to get rid of it but I can't remember who :)