Cracked engine case

Hey fellas, I was wondering what's the best stuff to fix a crack in the engine case clutch cover. The cracks about 2 inches long and really thin I was wondering if you's have a recommended way of fixing the crack and what supplies you used thanks.

When I fixed a similar type crack on the brake side out cover, I pulled it and cleaned and prepped the area.

Then brought it into the house and used 2 part JB Weld mixed correctly and used part of a wooded cloths peg to apply one thin layer. Let cure then applied another layer making it look nice and basically almost making a guard. IMO its been on over 3 years works great.

I'm putting the bike on the stand later today and I take a pic of you interested.

I've also used 2 part JB Weld to fix pin hole leaks in a steel bike gas tank and also worked great when prepped and applied correctly.

2 part JB weld forsure, clean all the oil out. Bought my bike real cheap because the guy cased on a triple and cracked case around oil plug, JB weld and 9 years later riding on!

• Like 1