Water wetter

Anyone here use distilled water and water wetter instead of water/anti freeze?  I'm looking to get the temps down a bit for road duties,have been doing a fair bit of research about cooling effeciency and came across that the ebay bigger radiators won't cool that much better as the frontal area is the same as stock,with them being deeper as the difference the air takes longer to flow through the fins and then will heat up to the temp of the coolant before it has flowed through thus rendering the last part of the radiator useless...unless you can get more air flowing through it,the boysen supercooler helps here as it is getting the coolant flowing quicker but now need to get the air flow increased

There's not many options to do that so I am left with removing the radiator guards to get maximum air flow or i'm considering ditching the coolant mix I have now and running straight distilled water with water wetter,I am in a hot climate so freezing will never be an issue,I know people have success using water with water wetter but want to know if any KLX owners have success or failure with it? another thing I did when in offroad trim was to drill holes in the radiator scoops to let hot air escape,this really worked as I noticed a lot of hot air flowing across my legs after doing this,this air would have otherwise have been trapped behind the plastics I ditched the idea as it also weakend the radiator scoops during crashes,this won't be a problem when riding on the road,I will have more problems than wrecked radiators and stuffed rad plastics if I come off the bike

Edited by ozglenn

13 hours ago, ozglenn said:

... been doing a fair bit of research about cooling effeciency and came across that the ebay bigger radiators won't cool that much better as the frontal area is the same as stock,with them being deeper as the difference the air takes longer to flow through the fins and then will heat up to the temp of the coolant before it has flowed through thus rendering the last part of the radiator useless...

My extensive tests show the thicker radiators are the fix, but it is a dirt bike. I don't sit at stop lights with the motor running..lol.  You need Evans and a radiator fan so you can idle all day without blowing coolant.

I always turn the engine off at lights but sometimes it's impossible to lane filter and I get stuck in slow traffic,it's this situation that the temps start rising and what I want to try avoid