Good replacement battery?

What batteries are good replacements for stock?  Wouldn't mind a lighter battery if that's possible, but don't want to give up cranking power either.

So far im having good luck my WPS Lithium battery. Not as expensive as some of the other Lithium brands either. 

• Like 2

On 4/9/2017 at 7:42 AM, epicadventur said:

So far im having good luck my WPS Lithium battery. Not as expensive as some of the other Lithium brands either. 

i'm running the WPS lithium as well and no complaints, i paid $100ish and saved several pounds.  I always kick start the bike when its cold, happy button after that.

Edited by ktm300xcrider
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ktm300xcrider said:

i'm running the WPS lithium as well and no complaints, i paid $100ish and saved several pounds.  I always kick start the bike when its cold, happy button after that.

Same here, kick start when cold, then it starts right up after that with the button.  I paid $78 for mine, but I forget from where...I think maybe either Ebay or Amazon.

Edited by epicadventur

I've purchased two of these and they've been great:  https://www.batterystuff.com/batteries/lithium-iron-batteries/sstz7s-fp.html

Only bought a second because I bought a second bike.  I bought the first one at the end of 2013 and it's still going great.  Second bike/battery hasn't been run in a year and a half...checked it the other day and the voltage was still above minimum recommended before charging.  No trickle charger needed for these batteries

13 hours ago, epicadventur said:

Same here, kick start when cold, then it starts right up after that with the button.  I paid $78 for mine, but I forget from where...I think maybe either Ebay or Amazon.

thats a great price!

Edited by ktm300xcrider

13 hours ago, epicadventur said:

have you had to charge yours yet?  did you use a regular charger?  My local dealer who i bought it from says i can use a conventional charger however the instructions that came with the WPS battery i believe said to use a lithium charger.  I've had mine 6 mths and it hasn't needed to be charged yet, wondering what you have used.

51 minutes ago, ktm300xcrider said:

have you had to charge yours yet?  did you use a regular charger?  My local dealer who i bought it from says i can use a conventional charger however the instructions that came with the WPS battery i believe said to use a lithium charger.  I've had mine 6 mths and it hasn't needed to be charged yet, wondering what you have used.

I ended up buying a BikeMaster Lithium Battery Charger for it. I did charge it once during the riding season. It was down to one bar. It seemed to take maybe a 1/2 hour and it was good to go. Had it off the bike and in the house since November and it still shows 3 bars. 

1 hour ago, ktm300xcrider said:

thats a great price!

Yea i thought. I still see them going for the same price from a few places. 

I picked up a Li-On battery from my local KTM dealer, been running it 3+ years in my KTM 250 XCF. works great. My 300 came with a Li-on battery.

The Li-On batteries are much lighter and they are smaller. The size doesn't matter much, but reducing weight, especially weight that is way up high in the bike, is a big deal.