Pics of my progress.....

13 hours ago, joethumper said:

see how dirty my motor is.......hopefully i wont see that anymore once im done......

you should have cleaned it before opening it up. that's step one when doing any work on your bike. its actually step one when you get home from riding.

• Like 2

you are right......but something told me not to with all that oily dirt on it.......didnt want water in my motor......but thanks for your advice,,,,,,once i get it all buttoned up i will be washing it all the time.......i bought the bike like this and figure i would ride it til the winter came then tear her apart and see what was going on......was missing the bolt that holds the compression release in the head on top and the countershaft sprocket seal was the culprit to most of the other dirt i discovered......im new to this stuff but i am a fast learner when i do tear things down and with advice from here......im sure there are other seals leaking that will need my attention.....did you race the Jday yesterday at southwick?

10 hours ago, 91kdx25088 said:

you should have cleaned it before opening it up. that's step one when doing any work on your bike. its actually step one when you get home from riding.