What is the size difference between a kx 100 and a yz 125

I'm on a kx 100 but would like to maybe try a yz 125, but I'm 5"3 and I have heard that a yz 125 is tall as a 450 . What should I buy 

9 hours ago, twostroke-notbroke said:

Stay on the kx100 perfect for your size. The yz125 will sit very tall and has very little difference in power.

what he said.  KX100 much better for your size.

• Like 1

I'm 5'4" and my KX100 big wheel is too small for me. I had to add bar risers and move the pegs back for a comfortable riding position. I'm looking for a yz125. The bigger wheels will make a  big difference. I like riding full size bikes but don't like the weight. A yz125 feels lighter than my kdx200 and other 200-250cc I have ridden.

27 minutes ago, slowmoto said:

I'm 5'4" and my KX100 big wheel is too small for me. I had to add bar risers and move the pegs back for a comfortable riding position. I'm looking for a yz125. The bigger wheels will make a  big difference. I like riding full size bikes but don't like the weight. A yz125 feels lighter than my kdx200 and other 200-250cc I have ridden.

I could also get a yz 12

28 minutes ago, slowmoto said:

I could also get a 125 and could put lowering links on it 

On 4/9/2017 at 7:31 AM, DIRTBIKE17 said:

I'm on a kx 100 but would like to maybe try a yz 125, but I'm 5"3 and I have heard that a yz 125 is tall as a 450 . What should I buy 

Are you looking for more power?  or just a change?

• Like 1

I was probably about 5'4" when I went from a ttr125 (big wheel) to a yz125. I switched for more power, and I liked the feel of the bigger bike better. The bigger wheels handle the terrain out here much better. However, that is a very large size jump. My little brother had a kx100, and it was about the same size as my ttr. In hindsight, I probably should've gone for an 85 or 100 since I wanted more power and was okay with the size of the ttr. For what seemed like forever I had to take off using a curb or a rock and just jump off when I stopped.

What I would recommend doing is sticking with your kx100 until it feels too small, especially when you stand. Or if you want more power. If you have a friend with a full size race bike (125, 250, 450), try sitting on it and see if you can easily reach the floor and support the bike. Also, remember that not all bikes are the same. The 2001 yz125 I had was significantly taller than my 07 yz250f. My brother's 06 crf250r is even an inch or two taller than my bike.

I was 5'6" when I switched from a TTR 125 to a RM 125 with a showa suspension and I have recently bought a 01 YZ 125 with a trak control suspension and it is about an inch shorter than my RM. but if you are seeking more power a YZ 125 would have slightly more power but I wouldn't know how riding it and getting on it would be compared to your KX 100 but my best advice would be to find somebody that would be willing to let you ride a yz 125 or any 125 2 stroke so you can get a feel for it and decide if you like it.

A lot of us,  myself included rode a big bike at around that height.  I was 5' 2" when I got a yz 125.  Maybe smaller I dont remember but I do know i couldnt touch the ground and the peg on the other side lol.  Had my knee the height of the seat if you know what i mean.  Its mostly the rider.  You can get use to it and there is a lot of small full grown adults who ride who are your height or smaller.  Depends on what you are wanting.  Do not know your age or weight.  In dirt bikes thats the better indicator.

• Like 1