Rpm sensitive grinding noise

This is my first dual sport but I have had other bikes mainly rockets before.  I do have a flatland aluminum skid plate and aluminum radiator guard as well as a sandman freedom case saver and sprocket guard.  My bike is a 2016 wr250r and has just under 2k  miles.  I experience this noise as the rpms getting higher in the gears.  It's only lasts for split second then goes right away.  It's hard to pin point where it is coming from.  But if I'm in 5th gear at 50 mph.  Whatever rpm that would b at.  The noise is constant until I slow down a tad or speed up.  I do have a 47 tooth rear sprocket And the speedometer corrector.   This noise will occur in every gear at that certain rpm then go away unless that rpm is held which sucks cause most of the roads I cruise are 45 mph speed limits.  Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.  Thanks

4 minutes ago, KingofNorth said:

This is my first dual sport but I have had other bikes mainly rockets before.  I do have a flatland aluminum skid plate and aluminum radiator guard as well as a sandman freedom case saver and sprocket guard.  My bike is a 2016 wr250r and has just under 2k  miles.  I experience this noise as the rpms getting higher in the gears.  It's only lasts for split second then goes right away.  It's hard to pin point where it is coming from.  But if I'm in 5th gear at 50 mph.  Whatever rpm that would b at.  The noise is constant until I slow down a tad or speed up.  I do have a 47 tooth rear sprocket And the speedometer corrector.   This noise will occur in every gear at that certain rpm then go away unless that rpm is held which sucks cause most of the roads I cruise are 45 mph speed limits.  Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.  Thanks

Take metal skid plate off and see if the noise is still there...also check radiator guard fasteners to see if all are tight.

Phil

Edited by Wallowa

I buy adhesive backed rubber strips from McMaster Carr for between the skidplate and frames on every toy I have . Amazing how much noise they can make and at a +/- 100 to 200rpm range sometimes . Other points of noise like that have been a loose bolt or nut and the washer jiggles at a certain rpm , all due to harmonics.

• Like 1