17 500 power commander

Greetings.

Has anyone here done the power commander or similar up grade after completing the de smog, tps, re map, re gear and fmf 4.1? Found a significant performance/riding enhancement that justified the cost? If so, what did you end up using? This is my first ktm 4t and I really do not have anything to compare it to.  

Thanks

1 hour ago, fred garvin said:

Greetings.

Has anyone here done the power commander or similar up grade after completing the de smog, tps, re map, re gear and fmf 4.1? Found a significant performance/riding enhancement that justified the cost? If so, what did you end up using? This is my first ktm 4t and I really do not have anything to compare it to.  

Thanks

The ability to tune ,  is the ability to tune worth the cost.

None of the ktm maps are perfect, so being able to fine tune can be useful, and from what I hear the 2017 offroad map is still lean on top on the 500's.

the difference between the jd tuner and the power commander, the power commander can adjust timing, but with the offroad map shouldn't be needed, really only the fueling should be needed, so jd can accomplish that. Also advancing the tps has an effect on timing, so you also have that combo of effect possible.

I recently saw a dyno, where they got a 2017 500 back to (STOCK) 2016 xcw level with a power commander, I was actually waiting to see the jd comparison, which is coming.

but Ideally, finding a dealer who's been able to modify the 2017 offroad map, might provide the best base, but you might be able to do as well with the standard offroad map , tps adjustment and a fuel tuner.

on my 2015, I know with stock mapping, and stock gearing, 3 rd gear power wheelies weren't possible and its geared  taller than the 2017  15/45 verses 2017 14/45.   even the 15/45 gearing with accurate fueling, , timing(tps) and end cap modification, pulls over backwards on 3rd gear power wheelies with stock tall gearing.