Help with my PW80

Ok, so I recently picked up a 2006 PW80 for my boys. I got it cheap because the conn rod was seized to the crank.  I tore it down and rebuilt it now it runs great. My problem is the the shifter was bent so I ordered a new one and it was a tight fit on the shaft so I tried to tap it on. It's on now but I can't shift. Is there an easy way to correct this, or do I have to split the case again?

Sorry to hear of ur troubles. Question, do u mean the shift lever was bent or the shift shaft (the shaft the lever is bolted on)? Was it shifting correctly before? Need more info..

Originally, it was the shift lever that was bent. Everything else functioned, even after the rebuild, I checked. The new lever came from PW Only and it seems that it was too tight.    I'm just wondering if I did a no-no by tapping the lever on the shift shaft.  Eventually, I pulled the lever off the bike and spread the gap. The bike is in neutral now but won't change

Ahah!!!  Ok, so it took me some time to have the time take a look at the bike, but I was able to figure it out without splitting the case.

Simple and easy.....Don't forget the washer and retaining clip on the shift shaft! (Face Palm)