"Hitting the marks" in supercross

What exactly are the top riders referring to when in a post-game interview they say "I was hitting my lines and hitting my marks"?

Edited by gphilip

23 minutes ago, Monk said:

Means timing was correct... 'my timing doing the triple triple triple was correct' 

So, "the marks" then refers to specific jumps that the rider decides to do. The lines are the lateral "marks" , and the jumps are the longitudinal "marks", correct?

Are there any other longitudinal marks that the top supercross riders watch closely? Like, perhaps, braking or turn-in points? Or this does not apply to the constantly changing terrain of supercross tracks?

18 minutes ago, gphilip said:

So, "the marks" then refers to specific jumps that the rider decides to do. The lines are the lateral "marks" , and the jumps are the longitudinal "marks", correct?

Are there any other longitudinal marks that the top supercross riders watch closely? Like, perhaps, braking or turn-in points? Or this does not apply to the constantly changing terrain of supercross tracks?

On course, timing is everything... braking/accelerating/turn-in/turn-out/gear selection etc etc are all 'marks' 

• Like 1