My parents are the real MVPs

So I quit riding after a pretty bad injury retired me from bikes so I haven't really been on the forum in a while. My kid and his cousin still ride. My kid has an 85 and his cousin has an old suzuki 250f. I don't know what got into my parents but they just went and bought my nephew a 2017 crf250r and ordered my kid a 2017 yz250f so looks like I'm going to have a busy summer. The yamaha 250f seems to be hard to find but the dealership hopes to find one next week. 

Just wanted to share my joy and say I'll be logging into the forum more often. I've never maintained a FI bike so I'll be reading up. Also I see the front suspension on the Honda has different adjustments so I need to calibrate myself to those...lol

• Like 5

Since both bikes are purchased new, negociate that a factory service manual for each should be included with the purchase.

Perhaps the kids have a brand/color preference but having two identical bikes of the same brand would simplify maintenance, spare parts etc.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 2

The Honda will have the triple air chamber fork. You need a good pump to adjust the air pressure...one that goes up to 200psi. Honda has one that they make for it but it's pricey...see if you can get them to throw one in for the sale. The Kawi 450's that had a similar fork set up would come with the pump included...it kinda sucks that Honda leaves you hanging since it's pretty neccesary to be able to tune your suspension. 

• Like 1