How often do you Bleed the fork Legs?

Before every heat/training session! When racing, for sure. Worst thing ever not to do it, and feel when you hit the first bumps that fork is stiff as &%$#@!. Training i guess you could go every morning and end of day but i do it between every session. Takes 30sec and always something coming out. But im also supersensitive. 1psi in the 153 range i will notice right away.

I push down dust wipers when washing bike and fill up with telfon spray before pushing them back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScootMcGoot said:

I assume you are talking about the damping fork leg NOT the air spring side. I usually do mine at least twice a ride. Once in the morning before i start riding and then again when it warms up.

I guess I'm talking about both as the picture in the manual points to both of them.

The manual says 1) "Release Bleeder Screws" and any access pressure escapes from the interior of the fork. 2) Tighten the bleeder screws

Bleeder.PNG

1 minute ago, Dustin Mobley said:

I guess I'm talking about both as the picture in the manual points to both of them.

The manual says 1) "Release Bleeder Screws" and any access pressure escapes from the interior of the fork. 2) Tighten the bleeder screws

Bleeder.PNG

I didn't realize the air side had a chamber that should be bled as well.  In that case I would do both sides in the morning before you start and then after riding for a bit bleed them again.  I always have some air pressure buildup in mine after the first hour or so of riding. Get yourself a pair of speed bleeders so you don't need to use a screwdriver all the time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ScootMcGoot said:

I didn't realize the air side had a chamber that should be bled as well.  In that case I would do both sides in the morning before you start and then after riding for a bit bleed them again.  I always have some air pressure buildup in mine after the first hour or so of riding. Get yourself a pair of speed bleeders so you don't need to use a screwdriver all the time.

Just purchased a pair of speed bleeders from Slavens Racing, installing tonight. Slavens was the only place I found that sold the pair with different sizes, as the bleeder on left is different size than bleeder on right. Found that out the hard way as I initially purchased a pair from motosport.com and fitment said it fit, but only 1 fit. I hear ya on the screwdriver, not only do I not want to use screwdriver every time, but based on my previous experience, I will end up stripping them out ?

3 minutes ago, Dustin Mobley said:

Just purchased a pair of speed bleeders from Slavens Racing, installing tonight. Slavens was the only place I found that sold the pair with different sizes, as the bleeder on left is different size than bleeder on right. Found that out the hard way as I initially purchased a pair from motosport.com and fitment said it fit, but only 1 fit. I hear ya on the screwdriver, not only do I not want to use screwdriver every time, but based on my previous experience, I will end up stripping them out ?

I have definitely stripped out a few bleed screws in my days.  The worst is when you send your suspension out and when you get it back you position them so the stickers the suspension company puts in your forks face out and then the bleeder is right under your handlebars!!!