oil leak

So did top end rebuild got it fired up today and I have an oil leak from I think is the head gasket. Should I have used a sealant on the gasket before installing. I didn't think you had too?

No sealant they go on dry.  Are you sure it's the head gasket and not from somewhere else that is leaking down?

• Like 1

its not from the head gasket its coming from somewhere above not sure if its the oil tube at the back of the engine or the valve cover. Its dark out now so have to figure it out tomorrow. it only leaks when you tip the bike over to the right. I found it because I almost dropped the bike when I got on because its allot taller with the new tires. allot of oil came out from somewhere and landed on the exhaust pipe. Good news is it sounds great when running.

Either double check the torque specs. Or buy some die and put it in the motor,  run it with the lights off. And youll find exactly where its coming from in ten seconds with a black light. No, it might be this. Or no, I had something like this happen. These are misguiding guesses  If youre not going to diagnose it yourself, take it to someone with know how. Dont want to mess with oil. 

Autozone probably rents a light but youll have to buy die cause its not reusable 

no I was stupid found the problem. the oil tube has a washer on both sides of the flange and I had both washers on the bolt. Dumb dumb

• Like 2

I was right that was the problem. The bike is running good after the rebuild 400km so far and all is good. waiting for the break in period to end so I can do a compression test to see were I am at now but I am sure it is much better as it feels more powerful.

• Like 1