1997 yz250 lighting stator?

I have a 1997 yz250 that I just got I was wondering if anyone knows of a high output stator so I could run a 60w light on my bike the only ones I could find are 45w. My other question would be is if there's a way around this like just using a battery could someone fill me in on how that would work I don't really want to run helmet lights because my brother and I share the bike so I'd rather just have lights on the bike and not have to worry about it thank you for any info

Not sure about the wattage, but maybe a stator from a 94 - 97 wr250 would work? Yes, you could always go with a total loss system by just using a battery. Not sure what batteries work best for this, but some guys report getting as much as 3 - 4 hours out of theirs before it dies. What light are you trying to use that requires 60 watts? You can get some pretty bright LED's that don't require nearly as much. You could always put an LED light bar on the bike and use a helmet light for auxiliary lighting. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chevy_97 said:

Not sure about the wattage, but maybe a stator from a 94 - 97 wr250 would work? Yes, you could always go with a total loss system by just using a battery. Not sure what batteries work best for this, but some guys report getting as much as 3 - 4 hours out of theirs before it dies. What light are you trying to use that requires 60 watts? You can get some pretty bright LED's that don't require nearly as much. You could always put an LED light bar on the bike and use a helmet light for auxiliary lighting. 

Ok thanks I was looking at a small light bar from auxbeam so maybe I'm reading it incorrectly but I'm pretty sure it says 60w I'll try to put a link to it. Also would it be bad to run a 60w light on a 45w stator do you know what would happen if I did that sorry if that's a noob question I'm just clueless when it comes to electrical

Here's the light I'm looking at https://www.auxbeam.com/led-light-bars/7-13.9-inch-led-light-bars/70021813