IRC M5B for Socal Riding EVO or NON-EVO

You guys have been ripping it up on the M5Bs now for a while...  everyone seems to be on board with the benefits of this tire.  

For those using it...  and have tried both...  which is now your preference...  the original M5B or the new M5B EVO ?

Whats your fav ?

130/80-18 M5B EVO
140/80-18 M5B EVO
140/80-18 M5B Original

• Like 1

IRC M5B original is what a few days ago I was told is hands down the most popular at Carnegie OHV in CA by the shop guys there. I was about to throw a set of MX52s on my bike when they recommended the M5B originals if that helps.

i havent used the evo yet, but the results of guys riding them seems to be consistent. the evo seems to work well in the snow and WET, at least from what i have seen first hand. for all of the aggressive tire spinning guys though, they are getting destroyed much faster.

i spin the tire as much if not more than many others, and i have never had wear on my originals like number juan's evo.

• Like 1

Here's my 2006 Fe450.   I have been running M5Bs for ten+ years now.  There is no other rear tire. 

homebelongings020.jpg

• Like 5

I have not tried the evo but im about to take off the regular m5b. what I have read here is not what I expected. For those who prefer the regular over the evo why do you feel that way? what did you like better about the original over the evo?

1 hour ago, 91kdx25088 said:

I have not tried the evo but im about to take off the regular m5b. what I have read here is not what I expected. For those who prefer the regular over the evo why do you feel that way? what did you like better about the original over the evo?

The EVO appears to give up the ghost much faster than the original.  Simple economics.

Anyone know the shore hardness of the rubber compounds on both original &Evo?   

On 4/9/2017 at 7:04 PM, TheW0LF said:

i havent used the evo yet, but the results of guys riding them seems to be consistent. the evo seems to work well in the snow and WET, at least from what i have seen first hand. for all of the aggressive tire spinning guys though, they are getting destroyed much faster.

i spin the tire as much if not more than many others, and i have never had wear on my originals like number juan's evo.

Yeah but Number Juans other nickname is Rocks Juan. 

• Like 1

This is 75 miles with air and 8 with none on the new Evo .     
Will IRC keep making both or are we just stuck now with EVO ?
Shoulda put in a Tubliss from the get go . 

20170410_180720.jpg.96e7c3e44e79211a2698e08b13761468.jpg

tire looks fine.
you might wanna fix that cheap rim strip.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, still2smokin said:

This is 75 miles with air and 8 with none on the new Evo .  :(   

Will IRC keep making both or are we just stuck now with EVO ?

Shoulda put in a Tubliss from the get go . 

20170410_180720.jpg

7 hours ago, RAZR_ said:

tire looks fine.
you might wanna fix that cheap rim strip.

I think that's what the hammer ? is for. 

• Like 2

I run the evo and like the soft compound. But it does not fair well in the rocks 

IMG_2856.JPG

• Like 2