RM85L swingarm intergangeable years? WHat fits a 2016?

I have looked until I am blue in the face.  If the answer is staring at me, I cant find it  :(  .  I started my quest with the 03-08(?) RM 85 to 85L conversion, since they seem to either be rare in this neck of the woods, or, anything that comes across is top stupid $$ for the biggest piece of sheep dip and it just goes up from there.  To get a nice one, your looking at $1800, then, its basically wore out, so, you will want to split the case, add a crank, redo the cylinder yada yada yada.......  My dealer has them for $2500, so, might as well buy new and have EVERYTHING new, grab an arm and weave some rims.  Rims can be easily found, then, all I would need is a brake line and arm.  Arms are to be found for the 02-08's but I am looking at a new 2016 bike.  Anyone know if the older 03 version still fits the 2016's?  Maybe get a 2005 frame and strip the new bike and transfer it all over?

I went to TT oem parts and I may have missed it, but, i did not see anything newer than 2009-ish, so, I just assumed there was no parts book for them.  When you mentioned OEM parts retailer, I checked out Rocky Mountain real quick now that I have a moment to sit, and, sure enough they had some listings, and, ues, you are correct, they are the same.

It looks like RM85L forks and swingarms are basically an urban legend once you get to a certain year!?

Thanks

Edited by sikpupy
  • Like 1