Cr125 bottom end

I recently picked up an 01 cr125 on the cheap that needed some engine work. Owner claimed it needed the top end redone which I figured was too good to be true for the price. Long story short is it's getting a new bottom end new top end and new cylinder due to a crack between the exhaust ports. I've never torn into the bottom of any motorcycle engine and everything seemed to go pretty smooth. Once I put the case halves back together I tried to shift the trans by hand and it won't. Everything starts to move like it's going to but then it won't budge any further. My question is is it normal not to be able to shit it on a bench like this or could I possible have gotten something out of alignment? I've been back in the case a couple times now because it's got me a little concerned. Figured I'd post a few pictures of everything as well since I'm still excited and want to show off the new bike lol

IMG_1438.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

A couple of questions:  How are you turning the engine over,  and what does the intake side of the piston look like?

Connect the star on top of the drum and spin the shaft where the clutch sits. As Ur spining it try to shift. If it doesn't want to just keep turning the shaft forward and back and it should turn and change gear. If. If not I would resplit the cases and check over every thing

1 hour ago, twostroke-notbroke said:

Connect the star on top of the drum and spin the shaft where the clutch sits. As Ur spining it try to shift. If it doesn't want to just keep turning the shaft forward and back and it should turn and change gear. If. If not I would resplit the cases and check over every thing

Well I tried what you said and it was a no go so I went ahead and split the case again. Upon further inspection I found my issue. I had the inner shift fork towards the back of the trans in the wrong spot on the drum. Put it all back together and it shifts perfect now. 

Well I tried what you said and it was a no go so I went ahead and split the case again. Upon further inspection I found my issue. I had the inner shift fork towards the back of the trans in the wrong spot on the drum. Put it all back together and it shifts perfect now. 

Alright awesome great good thing you found your issue