Yz85

Hey everyone, I am a 15 year old 5'7" female weighing around 110lbs. I am looking to buy my first dirt bike and hoping to get into racing. I have ridden a little before on my brothers cr60 but not much at all. What I want to know is would a yz85 be too short for me? I have also been looking into kx100's but it is harder to get Kawasaki parts where I live so that is a down side.

A regular (Small wheel) 85 might be fine for you but a Large wheel YZ85 or RM85 would probably be ideal.  Even if you buy a small wheel version you can get the bigger wheels and longer swingarm off Kijiji or eBay to make the Large wheel version.  This is what we did for my son after he outgrew the small wheel set-up.  It was then so good that when he outgrew that my daughter moved to the 85 from her KTM 125SX.  There are a few younger and adult women in the club I belong to who race 85s.  What part of the country are you in?

A regular (Small wheel) 85 might be fine for you but a Large wheel YZ85 or RM85 would probably be ideal.  Even if you buy a small wheel version you can get the bigger wheels and longer swingarm off Kijiji or eBay to make the Large wheel version.  This is what we did for my son after he outgrew the small wheel set-up.  It was then so good that when he outgrew that my daughter moved to the 85 from her KTM 125SX.  There are a few younger and adult women in the club I belong to who race 85s.  What part of the country are you in?

I am in BC and will hopefully be racing in Alberta eventually. I am thinking that a Yz85lw might be a better option as it is over an inch taller than the yz85 but I have not been able to find any used ones and am not looking to buy my first bike brand new.