Gas Gas School 125

I am very interested in buying a trials bike...will the 2018 GasGas trials school 125 be a good beginner bike for someone who is 48 and around 220 lbs. I have very little trials experience, limited to riding s friends bike around a parking lot but I was hooked.

The used ones I have looked at are all between 3500 and 4200...so I might as well by a new one.

The previous comment about buying a new bike to learn on is a good one.  Consider that you will be dropping this machine in rocks, logs and tree roots.  You might as well start off with something that isn't show room perfect anyway.  Given your weight, 220 lbs you said, I would go for the 250 over the 125.  It will haul you around much better.  I weigh around 140 and have ridden 250 - 350 trials bikes the whole time.

• Like 1

Don't get a new bike to learn on, it will get beat up and you won't get your investment back when you sell it. A used one will suit your purpose until you get good enough that you are not dropping it all the time. I would suggest you get a 200 or larger engine, a 125 seems small for your height & weight. In my case, when I was looking for my first trials bike the only thing on the used trials bike market in my area was 270 and larger. Around here, 5-15 year old TXT 280 & 300 Pros come up for sale most often.

• Like 1