Getting back into riding

I'm a 5'10 270lbs looking into getting back into trail riding. I have some experience riding on a old Honda xr200r but I cant decide if I should buy a 250 or 450 4 stroke. 

What kind of "trail riding"? Dirt roads and two-track? Gnarly technical single track?

When you say 250 or 450: Are you talking MX bike? Or a bike designed for trails?

IMHO: In tight technical single track, power is not your friend, and the only people that I've seen not suffer with a 450 is A level riders.

I'm not sure how long you've been out of it, but if an XR200 was a current model the last time you rode, then a 250F makes more power than almost any bike from that era :-)

Mainly dirt roads, two tracks and little bit of single tracks. I have been looking at both styles of bikes. I have been out of riding  for 6 years. 

For that type of riding I think you'd be fine with either, but I don't ride trails like that, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

The 450 will have more grunt for cruising a low rpm's and whacking the throttle open when you want more, where a 250 you might need to downshift.

For me personally: If I were going to just trail ride, I'd probably take the 450 for the grunt. If I were going to ride aggressively I'd take the 250, because every time I've taken a 450 MX on even a 4-wheeler wide trail, it wears me out controlling the power.

I'm 510 230 and ride allot of everything, I've rode both the 450 and the 250 4 stroke but the best all around bike I have ever owned is the 300 2t. I ride it just like a 4t and ride about 3 to 4 times a week. where I live there is desert, dunes, technical single track and I even do a bit of my on it. I switched 2 years ago and will keep a 300 for ever.