Help getting xr200r motor back together

I took apart my motor about 6 years ago and finally got all the parts I need, but can't remember little things like how the decompression cable linkage on the motor went back together, or where the cam bushing and spacer goes. I have the manual, but doesn't have good enough pictures. Can someone help with this please? Plus which bolts go where on the frame and how the spacers go in the back engine mounts. Yeah should have taken pictures. It's a 91 by the way. 

oh boy.....i have a 2002 xr200 and will be putting it together soon......ill help the best i can by taking pics while i do it.......hopefully that will help you out......i also bought a honda shop manual for 46 bucks delivered....havent recieved it yet but its suppose to tell you everything on how to assemble and disassemble the bike......id get one of those cuz it might be a few months before i get back to here......maybe others will chime in too.....Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!

heres the manual link....

http://www.helminc.com/helm/welcome_retail_ahc.asp

Edited by joethumper
  • Like 1

From my experience the Honda Service Manuals are the best for the engine, and I like Clymer for other bike systems, general service, and as a reference to other versions of XR/XL/TLR etc.

Thru the years there have been changes in the XR200 engines so get a Honda manual that covers your engine.

I print out a copy of the exploded view of the tranny parts fiche to assemble the tranny, and mark each gear and washer/clip with info from the parts list such as tooth count, washer/clip  size, etc.

Well looks like Joe bought the last one haha. I'm doing a budget build so I'll just wait until I see one for sale around me sometime and snap some pictures I guess. 

51 minutes ago, Andy Arlington said:

Well looks like Joe bought the last one haha. I'm doing a budget build so I'll just wait until I see one for sale around me sometime and snap some pictures I guess. 

oh man.....here i found this on ebay for ya......  http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-OEM-1986-99-XR200R-Service-Manual-Book-61KT011-/172325906917

Wish someone had some pictures. Hate to spend 80 something bucks worth of paper on a free bike lol. It had a rusted cylinder and I had the cylinder bored .5 mils over and got a Wiseco. Also got a full gasket kit and the Clymer. Traded a small generator for a mystery core motor since my head needed new seats. I have all the parts now to make one motor run and many parts for backup just in case. I'll send you a picture of this bracket tomorrow and see if you can tell me what's up with it, if you know where it goes. I'm pretty sure it's decompression cable linkage. I only took the motor out and took the top end off, but moves and finances dictated the bikes history. The bent frame in the back will be easier to fix since I used to be a body tech. 

20170405_193158.jpg

20170405_193207.jpg

are you serious.......my subframe is broken in the the same place......thats weird......must be a weak point?

yeah show some pics and i can help ya out.....i still remember how things came apart.....

see.......

xrrr 003.JPG