2015-2017 WR250FX & WR250F Line?

I'm looking into the WR250FX or WR250F as a new ride. Could some of you point out the differences between the different years, 2015-17's?

Also, I would plan to eventually make the bike street legal here in Colorado, the most basic just to get it tagged. Only to be legal running from trail head to trail head. The the F would seen to be the obvious choice, but I'm not really sure of the real world performance between the two. 

I'll be looking into Husky, KTM, beta and others but at first glance for price and performance the Yamaha's are looking pretty good.

Thanks

Edited by missin44

I don't think there is a WR250FX.  I think it would be WR250F, YZ250FX, or YZ250F.

The 2017 YZ250FX has significant changes from 2016.  I have it and love it.

The YZ250F wouldn't be the best choice for a conversion.  The YZ250FX and WR250F could both be made street legal in most jurisdictions so you just need to decide how much you are willing to spend on the conversion and how sporty you want the result to be.  (FX more race-ready; WR more leisure/trail-oriented.)

But put the YZ computer/screw in the WR and then you have a bike!  My YZ friends are trying to get their suspension as nice as my WR and I have basically their motor.

13 hours ago, BMRFlagstaff said:

But put the YZ computer/screw in the WR and then you have a bike!  My YZ friends are trying to get their suspension as nice as my WR and I have basically their motor.

Different beasts. The tracks I ride and race would overwhelm the WR suspension pretty quick. 

You are correct, out nearest track is 2 hours away but we have 100's of miles of forest single track just 2 pavement miles away!  Those guys have yz450's for the track...

The FX has all the latest YZ mods. I don't think the 17 WR got the new head and cams. The WR is delivered with lights, a throttle limiter, and non mappable ECU and more restrictive exhaust. You will need a GYTR ECU kit and aftermarket muffler to make it run like the FX. I believe the WR has softer suspension settings than the FX (which is softer than the YZ) and larger fuel tank as well.

The WR also has the cooling fan installed from the factory. The FX has a cooling fan option that will bolt on and plug into the existing wire harness.

Here's what's new for 2017 

NEW FOR 2017:
New Front Brake
New 270mm front disc brake (up from 250mm) also features a new brake pad material for exceptional stopping power and control for aggressive corner entries.

Style
Black rims.