First ride on RM400

A buddy and i Picked up this 1980 rm400 over the winter.  All original from original owner.  Cleaned 20 years of barn dirt off and cleaned carb,tank,petcock, air filter.  Some Rotella in tranny.  New swingarm and rear wheel bearings all she needed.  Oh and I rebuild front forks.  After few months of winter finally tried out Saturday.  It runs awesome for original but is kinda mellow power I'd like it better if hit harder. The thing beats me up but I laugh as I ride her lol. i would kill it in couple weeks if I kept riding it. Was goin to try few vintage races but thinking to flip it now so i won't ride again.  Awesome part of history tho:thumbsup: feel free to add video or talk about anything vintage or monern. Would be cool to hear stories on guys that raced these and others of that era. I was a A class modern mx racer and I tell you these were real men riding these old bikes.  My track is rough this rm pounded me lol the video is just little uphill jump not part of track. 

20170408_112738.jpg

20170131_121012.jpg

20170130_093012.jpg

Edited by Motox367

A friend had one and it was very smooth and easy to ride. All bikes need dialing in to individual needs. If I was closer I would be interested.

Yes is very mellow but will go fast. Was a treat to ride my 450 yesterday tho lol the old girl puts a whooping on ya . Was impressed with the front drum brakes wow. And corners very good just the acceleration bumps put hurting on my lower back.  Why I say the guys that raced these things back in day were some tough dudes.  Don't appreciate technology till you ride something like this lol

Edited by Motox367

All cleaned up . New plastic and tires this would be very new.but then it wouldn't be original.  Back fender is aftermarket the guy said it's been flipped few times lol

20170410_162934.jpg

20170410_163055.jpg

• Like 1