Strange noise then stalls out??

So I was riding my bike 2006 CRF450R and It was running great then all the sudden it started making a strange noise then about 10 minutes after the strange noise started it stalled out. It took about 20 kicks to start it (Usually only takes like 2) and when it started back up white smoke poured out for about 5 seconds then stopped.

The noise is not really a knock, it more of a raddle/leak type sound 

What does this sound like?

Edited by -CRF-

It's a guess but maybe your cam chain tensioner let go.  Pull it and see if it's extended and see if you can push it in by hand.  It should be and you shouldn't be able to.  

White smoke = water, usually from a leaking head gasket.

I would run a coolant pressure test. If no head gasket leaking, run a cylinder leakdown test.

14 hours ago, Eddie8v said:

White smoke = water, usually from a leaking head gasket.

I would run a coolant pressure test. If no head gasket leaking, run a cylinder leakdown test.

True, I was just referring to a possible noise issue but, yes, white smoke = water in combustion chamber.

I took the top end off, the head looked good however I found piston wear. I am going to replace that as well as take the valves all the way out once I get a valve press.

I am pretty certain the valves are good as the bike started 1 - 2 kicks before I took it apart.

Also since the head seems to be in good condition, what could of caused the white smoke the one time?

Edited by -CRF-

28 minutes ago, -CRF- said:

I took the top end off, the head looked good however I found piston wear. I am going to replace that as well as take the valves all the way out once I get a valve press.

I am pretty certain the valves are good as the bike started 1 - 2 kicks before I took it apart.

Also since the head seems to be in good condition, what could of caused the white smoke the one time?

Are you sure it wasnt bluish white smoke. when the valve seals begin to wear out oil can leak in to the cylinder, or will sit on top of the valves. then when you start it youll get a puff of smoke. Maybe the hard landing let a small amount of oil bypass the rings. another clue that you have a blown head gasket and water is getting into your cylinder is that your piston will look super clean with no carbon deposits. the water vapor literally cleans the combustion chamber, ive seen this on multiple car engines where one piston looks brand new and the others are dirty. You could have mistaken water for oil.