Pics of my xr200 frame problems

well today was the first day of nice weather in the state so i dug out the frame and took pics of what needs fixing......

motor mount tab broke at the hole, didnt fall off til i took out the bolt......rear sub-frame was a surprise when i took off the seat and rear fender was bent to the right, i bent it back but it made the seat cross bar mount go crooked so now i dont know if the seat will bolt up correctly......i added (2) 30mm handlebar risers......and 1984 xr350 forks 41mm damper rod type......

xrrr 005.JPG

xrrr 003.JPG

xrrr 004.JPG

xrrr 005.JPG

xrrr 001.JPG

xrrr 008.JPG

xrrr 006.JPG

xrrr 012.JPG

14 hours ago, 94HondaXr100r said:

Jesus titty &%$#@!ing christ what happen did you jump or something?

i bought it like that......i was a newbie buying a used bike......ill tell you its front end was all crooked but i knew i was going to put my xr350 forks on it so it didnt bother me......then i took off my seat to remove the rear shock and to my surprise.....i think someone before me thru the thing off a cliff......the rear fender was off to the right and front forks were all mucked up.....ridable but crooked as heck.....and the motor was all oil soaked....i bought a lemon......but i can make it a ?

frame looks like it may take a lot of work to get it straightened up. having said that finding a rolling frame to replace yours would not be hard. its the motors that make the bike what it is.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, antideaf said:

frame looks like it may take a lot of work to get it straightened up. having said that finding a rolling frame to replace yours would not be hard. its the motors that make the bike what it is.

i guess once i start fixing it i will be tested......hopefully it will go alright......ill do pics for ya's as i fix things......

I just looked on ebay at frames, there's a bunch of them on there. Some not so nice, some looking pretty good. Prices from low to higher than I'd pay for just an xr frame. If you look around at them, you can probably find one at the right price, with reasonable to free shipping. Hope your didn't pay very much for that bike! Also hope you're able to get it going at some point 

Daniel 

On 5/22/2017 at 1:43 PM, Daniel627 said:

I just looked on ebay at frames, there's a bunch of them on there. Some not so nice, some looking pretty good. Prices from low to higher than I'd pay for just an xr frame. If you look around at them, you can probably find one at the right price, with reasonable to free shipping. Hope your didn't pay very much for that bike! Also hope you're able to get it going at some point 

Daniel 

thanks Daniel......i need all the encouragement i can get !!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/25/2017 at 6:31 PM, solartherm said:

You ever get back to the piglet???

Screen_Shot_2017-05-25_at_6_30.22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-05-25_at_6_30.32_PM.png

LOL.....its on its way i just welded up the broken motor mount......