stock footpegs not sharp anymore.. getting slippery

Hey guys. is there a quick fix for sharpening the stock footpegs again with a file or grinder?  mine are super slippery, especially when wet.   my boots are kinda old too.

I think I remember doing it with my old bike and they got dull again soon.

if not, what are some of the most aggressive/ grippy pegs out there?   I had the fastways on my last bike with the tall set screws. didnt mind them. but I want razor sharp.

IMG_9886.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg

IMG_9888.jpg

IMG_9889.jpg

A file does a quick and good job. Did my ktm pegs often. Look at the fastest F6 cleats for the pegs you had. Much sharper

If you want the gnarliest boot shredders get the raptors...

image.png

Edited by Casing-daily
  • Like 1

IMG_9897.PNG

I'll give them a file tonight. Those others look insane. Wow. I'm scared to ask the price.

I see these foot pegs (see pic) but no one has posted them. What are they called?

Ahhhh. Of course the raptors for some reason gotta be made of unobtainium and are $510 a set!!!! Make me a cheap steel or aluminum pair for $80!!!

I had the fastway f6 cleats. They got dull too. I found the set screws worked way better in the fastways. And wayyyyy cheaper too. They aren't razor sharp. But they're tall and the surface area of them is small enough to be grippy still.

I rode a buddies bike with the fastways and they felt weird under my feet after riding the ktm pegs.

19 minutes ago, cdf450 said:

Ahhhh. Of course the raptors for some reason gotta be made of unobtainium and are $510 a set!!!! Make me a cheap steel or aluminum pair for $80!!!

U can get them for around $280 in the states. Still a kick in the balls. 

They come with a 2 year warranty tho.. :excuseme:

• Like 1

I put a little grinding wheel on my dremel and sharpened my stock pegs. They looked rough but they are sharp. Had them and the brake/shift  levers cerakoted black for $35. It all looks new now.

I wouldn't have minded how they looked but had them cerakoted because I thought the price was cheap.

20170406_073250.jpg

20170406_073302.jpg

• Like 1

yeah thats probably the way to go.. im a welder for a living so im pretty comfortable with a grinder, and I do have a new dremel id like to test out.  looks like I know what im doing tomorrow.

used a triangle file.. wasnt too bad. they dont look the prettiest, but they are sharp.  50x better than before.

I was doing great until I smashed my thumbnail against my peg while filing.. so now just one peg is done.  my whole thumb and half my hand throbs.. ouch!!!

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Edited by cdf450

So, I was going on a little 4 day outing with my quad buds. My bike boots ain't gonna be comfortable for the duration, so I dig in the closet and find an old pair of workboots. 

Within an hour of riding, I notice the rubber on the soles is getting chewed up pretty bad. "they'll hold" I tell myself. By the end of the day, I'm down to the steel shank. The next day I am trying to ride on my toes, heels ANYTHING cuz I'm losing my sole, know what I mean? By the end of the 2nd day the steel shank is flapping around and I'm basically walking on my socks. 

I'm a proud guy. I'm not about to ruin anybody's ride because of my boot failure. I don't want to be the butt of jokes either, so I ain't saying nothing. I don't walk around much and I ride on my heels. At the nightly camps, I walk around barefoot. The boys think I'm just tough. I'm not. 

Anyway, here's a pict of the (KTM powered!) quad after the ride. Look carefully at the boots! 

303346_10151004900195803_149466793_n.jpg

• Like 2

heres a buddies stock 16 ktm footpegs..... theyve sure improved them over the years!!! these are nice.

IMG_0575.jpgimage sharing 

• Like 1

ok.  so, I sharpened my left peg, broke my thumb nail, and shut er down for the night.

forgot about the bike, never got around to doing the right peg... and went out today with a super sharp left, and a dull right.

guess what... barely noticed a difference.. wtf.