Can '01 KX85 be over bored?

Working on trying to get my friend's KX85 fixed up after a seized piston took a little metal out of the stock cylinder. I have no idea about two stroke cylinders, nevermind little bikes like this; so can someone get me up to speed on cheapest way to repair it? They need to get it sold to pay major medical bills from a recent mx accident. 

If it can be cheaply bored out we will do that, but if it's easier/cheaper to do a new piston and cylinder we'll do it that way. 

I'll have to get it tomorrow. Need to get back to my friend's house and take the head off. He's in the trauma and recovery center in the hospital still-two weeks after the accident: broke all ribs on right side, two on left side, fracture two thoracic vertebrae, torn knee ligaments, punctured lung...etc. He has no short term disability so he and his wife with two kids are in a tough spot. I went over to his house today and his wife let me in so I could take apart the KX and see what's up. 

That is plated.  Would cost about $240 +/- a few $.  It would be a good opportunity to have them punch it out to a 100 and run kx100 parts.  Would not cost much at all since they're replating anyway.