Daring Double

Bucket list stuff, riding with grand daughter on the track Saturday and we were working on her jump approaches, throttle control, body position and landings.  Had trouble communicating so what to do but show her.  Miss the X, so had the L,  took to the one table top, and flew it like the old days, approach up on pegs, chin over handlebars, throttle roll, launch, and landed on the back side and hardly felt it when it landed.  And did the double same, same, cleared and landed back side #2 and a gracefull landing not really feeling it, or bottomed out.  Said to myself used up luck for today, and we went back to the lessons and by the end of the day she had it down.  Can't wait for her bigger bike to get in, she is going to 'fly' this year............plan on her first race in May.

Moments like this make me rethink getting the race tech suspension, but if I do, I will race, if I do race I risk the wrath of 'DA MOMMA' and so putter, putter, hop, hop, best I am going to do.

Edited by oldsoldier173
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, oldsoldier173 said:

Moments like this make me rethink getting the race tech suspension, but if I do, I will race, if I do race I risk the wrath of 'DA MOMMA' and so putter, putter, hop, hop, best I am going to do.

Not to knock the RT suspension system, but I bought my L - after selling my M, to access roads that are very winding, narrow, steep. Running 17's so off pavement in the dry only. Very out-of-the-way places. At that, I am going quite slowly at times and do not feel the need for the update. That - and being from Canada, at current exchange rates - cost is $1300 without shipping. The bike new cost $5500, so that is 25% of the whole bike. And I rode here - https://www.google.ca/maps/place/บ้านป่าข้าวหลาม/@19.2942763,98.7011981,15z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x30da0c61d42d6a6f:0x5c52ef1acc7a3724!2sSodsai+Lanna+Co.,+Ltd.!8m2!3d19.2370421!4d98.8805704!3m4!1s0x0:0xc38890239ea3c9a7!8m2!3d19.2962688!4d98.710345

no problem. So for me - don't think so.

Ohlins available here for $1100 Cdn or $825 US

Am trying to find a quality 'cheaper' alternative.  I don't need much due to my 'new' style of riding, stock will do, but for those moments an alternative would be a 'good' thing.  Cost of bike v cost of suspension, and on the day of trade in no matter what it will still be a 'stock' 13 CRF250L for trade.  Today $2300 in 'good condition, Momma will not let me spend $1000 on a suspension for a $2300 bike....just saying.

Edited by oldsoldier173