RMZ250 starting problems

So I have just recently bought my 2013 RMZ250 about a month and a half ago and it has run perfectly up until now. I went riding and it worked fine no hesitations no problems nothing. I went to wash it along with my Klx140 I had to clean for pictures to sell it. When I was done cleaning both of the bikes I started the both bikes up without a problem then put it in first gear to put chain lube on, I killed the 250 to put the Klx in the garage and all of a sudden the 250 shit the bed. I was kicking it for like 15 mins and about every 10 kicks it would backfire. I cleaned the air filter still nothing. And here's the part that gonna make your head hurt, I got a new spark plug put it in starts up like 2nd or 3rd kick, kill it, then 10 mins later I try to kick it again and it back to backfiring. I checked the spark plug threads and tip thinking maybe water but the things bone dry. Can anyone help or give some sort of reasoning behind this problem?

It sounds like an electrical issue to me. Perhaps you got too close to wires with the power washer?
I would check your connections! Did it run fine when it started?
With the information provided it could be anything really. Fuel pump, injectors, no gas?? etc..
Getting measurements with a multi meter will knock any more guessing.

It could definitely be something as simple as water in your connections. I would go through and disconnect each connection, blow them out with air, plug everything back up and see what happens. Just my 2 cents. 

Is the bike ever temperamental when starting? And when you start the bike, do you follow the starting procedure or just kick, kick, kick?

Kick down the kick starter lever slowly from the top position until engine compression resistance is felt, release the kick starter lever from this position and allow it to return to the top. While keeping the throttle closed, depress the kick starter lever strongly through the full stroke. Never open the throttle during the kick start operation.  - Owners Manual

Edited by BOLT SPEEDMAN