Something different | Best of Iceberg Riding 2017

Wow, that is incredible!!! Those tubes especially! Are you using Trelliborgs? Cool video!

1 hour ago, XRBOBLHC said:

Wow, that is incredible!!! Those tubes especially! Are you using Trelliborgs? Cool video!

I am using a michelin s-12 front and an shinko 505 rear with grip studs ~110 per tire.

The video really doesn't do the area justice, its incredibly epic in person!

Check my channel if you want to see full versions of the rides those clips came from

Edited by Wild Alaskan
  • Like 1

Awesome!  Have you thought about a track kit?  Not that it would work in the terrain in the vid.

Do you have to worry about falling through that ice?  Or do you have a floaty suit or something?

1 hour ago, Colorado^ said:

Awesome!  Have you thought about a track kit?  Not that it would work in the terrain in the vid.

Do you have to worry about falling through that ice?  Or do you have a floaty suit or something?

I have had an explorer track kit in the past, really liked it, now I am putting a polaris 133" on a ninja 600 hopefully ready to go by next winter.  There isn't to much risk of falling through the ice, it is over 2 feet thick in the winter and early spring, mostly just have to worry about icebergs rolling and the area near the glacier where the ice is pushed by its movement. By far the biggest risk is sliding off the side of an iceberg, doesn't take much to be siding at 50 mph off a cliff or into a wall of ice!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wild Alaskan said:

I have had an explorer track kit in the past, really liked it, now I am putting a polaris 133" on a ninja 600 hopefully ready to go by next winter.  There isn't to much risk of falling through the ice, it is over 2 feet thick in the winter and early spring, mostly just have to worry about icebergs rolling and the area near the glacier where the ice is pushed by its movement. By far the biggest risk is sliding off the side of an iceberg, doesn't take much to be siding at 50 mph off a cliff or into a wall of ice!

Yeah, your vid demonstrates just how slippery it is (quad sliding sideways lol!).

Ninja with a track kit would be very cool.  I was pretty set on building up a dedicated snowbike, but in the end I bought a sled instead.  Hope they come out with a snowbike that has the same power to weight ratio as a sled, i.e. 1.5-2lbs for every hp, before I'm too old to ride it lol.

Once again, awesome vid.  It's not often that you see something that unique, like riding through the ice tunnels.  It reminded me of surfing!

• Like 1