Jump to content

Help me find good performance parts for 03 yz250f

Recommended Posts

I want to start racing my 03 yz250f , but I feel like there's not enough performance parts al I know it's that there's a slip-on exhuast (White brothers E-Series) do you guys know any cheap performance parts I can get? Can anyone help me try to find cheap performance parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google buddy. Also EBay and classifieds on TT or Vital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Save your money for tires, gas, clean filters, and engine oil. Assuming everything else is good to go, that's all you're gonna need. Just go line up and do your best. You'll figure out what needs performance modifications after some racing and talking in the pits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If money was no object what type of percentage HP boost could be pulled out of a 2003 YZ?  

I'd think after spending $1000+ you'd be better served saving for a FI bike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What type of racing are you trying to do? If it's anything that requires you going 80-90 mph I think the cheapest way to do that would be to get it in an airplane and push it out at about 10,000 feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2017 at 8:10 AM, danielmoraleslk said:

I always do the service for my bike it's just I don't feel it that fast

How big of a guy are you? I'm about 235 without riding gear. I did a JD jet kit and a 13/52 sprocket setup and my 04 yz250f stands undefeated against 250's thus far in flat out drag races until I hit my rev limiter (around 50ish mph is my best guesstimate). Smoked both my buddies on their 2016 crf250r's today, multiple times, rolling starts and from a stop, one has a 51 tooth rear sprocket as well (also had a kid on some hopped up quad try and join the party, his friends laughed pretty hard when the fat kid left him in the dust) . I say all of this not to brag or talk about how great of a rider I may or may not be (my riding is controlled chaos 90% of the time and the other 10% is just dumb luck), and also knowing that drag races mean nothing to most people. The point I am trying to make is if your yz250f is "too slow" there must be something wrong with it, because I've been riding most my life and I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that I will never be able to ride this bike to its full potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×