after market clutch basket and clutches

What is your guys opinion on a wiseco clutch basket and clutches, or some other type of clutches and clutch basket that dont break the bank but are good?

I always run own cables. If your old basket is notched up then any brand new one will feel like new again . I use to notch baskets up like crazy on twostroke 125s and 250 but not as often.  didn't matter what brand aluminum ones they were either .If you wanna save money try it out may work good for you. use the money you save towards a good clutch pack and oem cables lol:ride: goodluck :thumbsup:

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Motox367 said:

I always run own cables. If your old basket is notched up then any brand new one will feel like new again . I use to notch baskets up like crazy on twostroke 125s and 250 but not as often.  didn't matter what brand aluminum ones they were either .If you wanna save money try it out may work good for you. use the money you save towards a good clutch pack and oem cables lol:ride: goodluck :thumbsup:

I think the next time I buy one I will give one of the Barnett baskets a try that have the steel inserts.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ossagp said:

I think the next time I buy one I will give one of the Barnett baskets a try that have the steel inserts.  

Ya same here . But haven't needed one yet for 450 don't use it as much lol i worry about the inserts coming out tho but I'm sure they won't that's just me

I thought about them coming loose too.  I put some in that never came out but it was not cheap either.  that was for an older type xr500 to keep the tabs from breaking out after some engine work.  Then I saw one with the original clutch with a band around the outside and heliarc'd down.   

1 minute ago, ossagp said:

I thought about them coming loose too.  I put some in that never came out but it was not cheap either.  that was for an older type xr500 to keep the tabs from breaking out after some engine work.  Then I saw one with the original clutch with a band around the outside and heliarc'd down.   

Sounds interesting.  Ride one of them when I was kid. Thought was fastest bike ever lol 

I built some up for ice racing.  there were a lot weak parts.   It was worth it for a couple of reasons not even relating to the rig itself.  Still got the motors and a c and j frame to build another one or two out of.  

• Like 1

On 4/12/2017 at 9:12 PM, EnglertRacing said:

If your keeping the bike, none other than Barnett basket... 

Aluminum with replaceable stainless steel covers

We were just talking about those.  Have you been using them?  

I have used barnett products for a long time.  1969 was my first order.  I am going to buy one of theirs,  I am sure I will like it.  I can imagine the in and out action of a slipper clutch or like the rekluses we use are going to show up some weaknesses.