Clutch not engaging

Hi, I have a CR250 and went to get it out for the season to find when I pull the clutch lever in, the gears are still engaged. I tried adjusting the cable with no luck, so I trained the bottom end oil out and removed the clutch cover and plates to inspect it. There are some grooves in the clutch basket, but they don't look too bad (see attached). Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this issue ?

Thanks 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I take it you mean the exact opposite to what you posted !!!!!!!

From the above I get that the clutch would not free off   YES / NO 

If yes just sling it back together and  with some new oil and the problem is gone as all that has happened is the plates became stuck together and if you had of just rode the bike they would of unstuck straight away or at least within 30 seconds.

• Like 2

Haha Yeah I do mean the exact opposite !! Thanks man, much appreciated : ) 

I was running Honda HP10W40. Any suggestions on the best oil to run?

As for oil its very much the riders/owners choice but me personally every 2 stroke bike I own (far to many) gets ATF . Couple of reasons why . A- you can buy it in gallons. B- never had a clutch stick as you just have even after sitting for years where ive had loads of stuck plates with other oils. C- As its bright red and if the bike in question has a sight glass fitted you can see if its getting all darkened and old so I just change it. 

• Like 1