Silver gloss paint for Honda frame ?

Has anyone found a direct silver gloss paint match in a spray can?  

I know some spray cans have very good quality automotive paint.

I welded a bracket for the XR Shock reservoir onto the otherwise pristine frame.

Oh, wow, 33.95 a can.  The price of a fashion statement.  It looks like the real deal, though.

What would second choice be?

I'm having trouble finding a banjo fitting with an elbow for the XR250 shock hose.  All the usual suspects stock brake fittings with smaller passages.  I don' t want to restrict the flow as that may increase the compression damping and knock out a few settings at the soft end.

Dupli-color wheel paint. HWP101 silver $6.99@Manny, Moe, & Jack's allows three coats in one hour as posed to six days.  All the good stuff in it.

Almost a perfect match.  It makes the original paint look like it had yellowed a touch which it did.

Very happy.

https://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-HWP101-Silver-Performance-Wheel/dp/B000B6DFZ0

LOL, I made sample cards awhile back. Sometimes if your just trying to make it look better, you just match it discolored and blend it. I tried 11 colors of silver from NAPA. LOL, they have more than that. Funny thing is that I found the best match but don't recall what it was. I spent over 100$ on this quest to find a perfect match. It is worth it though. We used to buy up older crf100's, fix them up looking perfect, LOL, sometimes at a loss, but worth it to see some kid get his first bike and it look like new. LOL, I lost money on one particular bike. I fixed everything imaginable. The shock accordians, new chain and adjusters, new 125 cylinder, and so on, lost $100. But I never regretted it

20170413_201726.jpg

• Like 1

Curing time is seven days.  It's a little silvery and I think the original has a clear coat which has yellowed because this paint looks like new.  I'll probably add a clear coat.

I used VHT silver wheel paint because it is a urethane, which is very chip resistant,  and then clear coated with Varathane from Home Depot. No one has commented that the color wasn't the correct silver.

• Like 1

I went back to M,M,& J and got the gloss wheel paint clear coat from duplicolor.  At this point I'm going to call it a direct match.

Considering a slight yellowing of the original finish, as is the case with solvent-based finishes, I don't think it could get any closer.

If I pull the motor, it might be nice to renew the rest of the frame, but for now, I'm done.

Recoat time is within one hour or after seven days---urethane?