What size drill bit for CV carb slide mod?

I received two drills with my kit. The small one was to make the needle hole larger if necessary. Evidently there were some models with a smaller diameter hole for the needle. This bit mics at .115 inches.  The other bit mics at .1545 decimal inches which is about 5/32 of an inch. I would also tell you that when I did my initial install I put the wrong bit in the drill and made the vacuum slide hole larger than called for. I went ahead and called the company to talk about what I had done and they told me it probably would not make much difference in performance. Me being me I ordered a new slide and drilled it correctly and that is what is in it now. I did ride it a short time before the new slide came and I could not tell any performance difference between my goof and the correct hole size. I guess the point is get as close to .1545 on the plus side and you should be fine.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't drill it, in fact I've epoxied a few up and returned them to stock. The slide will respond quicker if you can get the throttle open faster. The klx uses a slow streetbike throttle. Change it out to a single cable  twostroke throttle and it'll be a noticeable improvement.